“Our mission is to help people improve and maintain their mental health through research-supported methods of psychological assessment and treatment.”
At Oakville Centre for Cognitive Therapy (OCCT), we are always looking to add to our team of talented clinicians.
OCCT is a well-established 13-office private practice comprised of psychologists, psychologists in supervised practice, and senior Ph.D. candidates. Our main focus is on providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), therefore a strong CBT background is an asset. Ideal candidates will also be capable of implementing disorder-specific CBT treatment protocols and will have some experience with other related treatment modalities (e.g., Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy etc.).
Reasons the OCCT may be the right choice for YOU:
- Supervision Available: We provide opportunities for supervision to candidates who need to complete their year of supervised practice or who are completing their Ph.D practicum or internship. We also have a large team of psychologists with diverse expertise who are available to provide consultation as needed.
- Remuneration and Flexibility: We offer very competitive rates of remuneration and Associates can choose to work as little or as much as they want.
- Invited Speakers & Rounds Meetings: We regularly host rounds meetings and clinical workshops. Invited speakers to date have included Dr. Christine Purdon, Dr. Martin Antony, Dr. Christine Padesky, and Dr. Zindel Segal.
- Steady Referral Stream: We are a well-established practice with numerous referral sources and Associate’s schedules can often be rapidly filled with new clients.
- Administrative Staff: We have a team of three employees to handle various administrative tasks including scheduling clients.
- Ability to Work Remotely: We utilize an electronic health records system that allows for clinicians to work remotely with access to scheduling, encrypted video sessions, and a payment processing system.
- Psychological Testing Opportunities: We provide opportunities to learn and conduct Psycho-Educational Assessments. We also conduct testing for Autism-Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- Location: We are conveniently located in Oakville just north of the QEW on Trafalgar Road. The Oakville GO station is within walking distance and there is free parking at the practice.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their CV to Co-Directors Dr. Robert Ferguson and Dr. Justin Mattina at firstname.lastname@example.org.